Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Misa Touch the Rainbow

So on Monday, I actually painted my nails China Glaze's I Wanna Lei Ya (also from the Fiji Fling collection). It was a lovely color that couldn't stand up to my bowling league. By the time I had a chance to take photos, my nails were broken and my manicure was 100% chipped and ruined. Every single finger. I'll try it again on another day.

Today I present you with Misa's Tuoch the Rainbow. It's a lovely icy blue with a light blue turquoise shimmer running through it. The formula was mildly challenging to get evenly applied, and required three coats to cover. My hands are something FAR less than steady since the plague hit me, so that could admittedly be a part of it. The color, once applied, is gorgeous! The blue is noticeable, but is not so in your face that it feels awkward in an office (granted, my office is pretty low key about that sort of thing in general, and I'm in a creative department that grants even greater leeway). The color has just the slightest hint of sparkle that gives a nice depth of color. It's great on us pale girls with blue/pink undertones.

Digression: you know what is really, very, not at all cute on us? Yellow. Last night, I got part way through an Electric Pineapple manicure last night before realizing my hands looked hot pink. It was not cute. I'm too pinky-blue and too pale for that. I think I'm going to be willing to give that one to a good, warm-toned home. If anyone reads this and they fit that description, send me an email. The contact info is on the right.

Final analysis of MISA Touch the Rainbow: Great color, just requires a steadier hand than I presently have.

No comments:

Post a Comment