Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Accent Toe Pedicure - Warning: TOE PIC.

So a goodly half of the polishes I wear are only ever on my toes. And this feels like a waste in terms of swatching. So today, with fair warning, I give you my accent nail pedicure. I did the pictures super close-up, taking only two toes' worth of picture and cropping out the rest of the foot. I know people can be foot squeamish and I want to respect that as best I can.

The main color is China Glaze's Bahamian Escape -- the color applied like a dream, self-leveling and achieving opacity in two coats. I would call this color a bright sky blue creme.

On my second toe, I added three coats of Sinful Colors' Pearl Harbor. I understand it's been discontinued; however, I was able to find it recently at my nearest Meijer. Pearl Harbor was a bit of a bear to apply. It was goopy and uneven (even after a judicious shaking). While the sparkles were absolutely gorgeous in the bottle, they're a little underwhelming on the nail. Perhaps it's because my feet spend most of their time 5' away from my eyes, but I just feel like the reward wasn't really worth it.

Have you had any luck with layering Pearl Harbor?

No comments:

Post a Comment