Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Warning: Seche Shrinks Cashmere

Late last week, my nails were Orly Rage. I didn't get a picture before I destroyed them with painting and manual labor. Whoopsy. It was sparkly foiled deliciousness, and I will certainly wear it again. And shoot pictures immediately upon completion...

I decided I was digging the more neutral color and replaced my ravaged mani with Soft as Cashmere from Color Club's Untamed Luxury collection. This was my first Color Club color and I was generally pleased.

First off, I have decided that I really love square bottles. I feel like I can get a better grip on them than the round ones. This probably is partially why I'm lately obsessed with Misa and Essie. The brush felt thinner, stiffer and slightly more difficult to control than what I'm used to, but it wasn't severely detrimental. The formula itself was watery/thin, but built to opacity in three thin coats.

The color itself is a lovely taupe with green undertones. It is what I would call "Office Edgy." Nobody is going to ever give you a hard time for wearing this neutral, but it's a lot more fashion-forward than mannequin hands or a sheer pink.

I used OPI Natural base coat and Seche Vite top coat. The Seche seemed to have shrunk beneath my tips in an unappealing way. I think I'm finally going to have to cave and buy another good top coat (I have a Sally Hanson quick dry that seems to have no protective qualities to it).


With flash!


Without!

No comments:

Post a Comment