Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Essie Brand New Bag Collection: Carry On

Last night I had bowling and it completely jacked up my nails. Because I needed a few supplies and I was in a Meijer, I wandered over to their nail supply section and found they had some of the new Essie collection sitting there. I immediately grabbed Power Clutch and Carry On (also? Trophy Wife) for some late night application.

The color is a dark, dark burgundy with some purple undertones. It's vampy. And it dried darker than it looks in the bottle. I've been accused of having goth nails today. But I care not because the color is gorgeous.

The application was smooth, per usual for Essie cremes. The color has a great shine to it. I'm wearing this on a hot July day, but can imagine rocking it out on a cool day in October. This is the kind of polish that I definitely associate with fall/winter.

The pictures below are two coats, no base or top coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment