Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Essie Steel-ing the Scene

I'm a silver fan from way back. I used to rock silver Mary Jane's to school back in the 90s... when I was in high school (yuck... it's not even the aughts anymore). My very first OPI was this silvery sparkly concoction whose name escapes me now.

Thus endeth my silver-love resume.

So you can imagine my excitement when I found Essie's Steel-ing the Scene in my local Ulta as part of their "buy two get one free" promotion (which was still happening when I was there on Monday -- get thee to an Ulta). Its flippin' gorgeous in the bottle.

Unfortunately, it was less so on my nails. It has a really cool yellow undertone you don't frequently see in a silver. It gives it kind of a weathered-metal look and it's really unexpected in cool. I'd go as far as to say it's AWESOME. On someone who has warm-toned skin. On me? Kind of lobstery. You will see for yourself in pictures.

The formula itself was thin, but buildable. On the images below, the pointer finger had four coats, middle finger had three thick coats, ring finger had two and the pinkie had three thin coats. OPI natural base coat and Seche Vite (which once again shrank my tips) atop. One application note: be careful when applying as this color (like most metallics) has a tendency to be brush strokey if you're not careful.



No comments:

Post a Comment