Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Essie Da Bush

I don't know how it happened, but suddenly I am an Essie fan girl. I bought my first Essie years ago. It was a sheer shimmery concoction and I wasn't wowed. I don't like sheer, and I had no idea from the bottle that it would be. It rubbed me the wrong way and I didn't go back until recently. The new purchases have been phenomenal, formula-wise. The colors seem like they're edgier than I remember from years' past. Case in point: Da Bush from this past spring's resort collection.

Da Bush is a gorgeous sage green creme that's been dusted up enough that I would call it an edgy neutral. I'm wearing it in my office today and I don't feel at all like I'm taking a risk. The creme formula self-leveled and went on like a dream, achieving opacity and in two coats, making easy for newbies and those with unsure hands to get a great looking manicure.

The nail blogosphere has tested often, and this color appears to be a dupe for OPI's Stranger Tides. Either way, full of win.


No comments:

Post a Comment